Friday, May 13, 2016

AMC Wants Our Fan Art!!


So... maybe AMC heard our complaints?

Some of you may have seen posts on the AMC official accounts on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr today. AMC wants our fan art for Halt and Catch Fire! 

I was really excited when I saw this. This is exactly the kind of idea I was already thinking of proposing as a fan campaign. Sending AMC our fan art!

I remember commercials on AMC showing off fan art for shows like Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, and Mad Men. I remember drawings, dioramas, food creations, you name it. I know Halt and Catch Fire fans can come up with creations that are just as inspired as those and then some!

You can find out more info on what they are looking for, how to submit fan art entries and the rules for submittal at the AMC Tumblr page here:


It doesn't sound like this is a contest, however, it does sound like approved entries will be posted to their site.

A while back I posted a blog to show off some cool fan art by reddit user Ternarian:

Credit to reddit user Ternarian

This is a good example of the kind of creativity Halt and Catch Fire fans have already shown. 

One thing to keep in mind, though... it sounds like AMC wants the contributions to be original fan art, as stipulated by this criteria:

  • All we ask from contributors is that all the drawings, music, and other creations be 100% made by you.

I think this means that copyrighted images from the show used in fan art would not be accepted. But I know I have already seen a lot of original art work from fans. Now you have the chance to send it in to AMC, not just post it to Twitter! And I am sure that if all of you really gave it some thought, you could all come up with something creative and awesome to send in to AMC. 

It would also be awesome if everyone shared pictures of what they were sending in to AMC. I would love to share some awesome fan art contributions on our blog!

So what are you waiting for? This is a great opportunity for fans to get AMC's attention and show them how much we love this show and how passionate we are about it!

-- Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment