Tuesday, October 20, 2015

A Well Deserved Thank You!

 
Credit image to: @northrekr (twitter)

        This is for the incredible supporters of this campaign. When we first heard the season three announcement from Chris Cantwell and Chris Rogers on Twitter, but it didn’t seem heart felt enough. I wanted it to not only be true, but to come from a place of passion and love. This campaign quite literally spun itself around the world and back again. It has been such an intense journey that the internet could barely contain. For it to have reached as far as it did (Russia, India, the Middle East, Australia, China, etc), we have been so blessed.
          I told Rachel that I wanted the words to be perfect, but honestly I suppose there aren’t words to express my complete gratitude. Perhaps, there are actions. I would hug all of you if I possibly could. A true Halt and Catch Fire fan embrace full of the compassion you have brought upon this campaign. This includes the unbelievable support from cast members, show-runners, creators and our dear coders!
          It’s a random happenstance that I seem to be typing this blog in the very same place I sought refuge in so many years ago. When I was twelve years old in Troy, Ohio I would often come to the local library to run away from my fears and my pain. I didn’t know it at the time, but I was deeply depressed and even more alone. Yet, here I am, fourteen years later in the same exact building and I couldn’t be “surrounded” by more like minded people. I am not alone and it feels overwhelmingly bittersweet.
          By now, some of you (I hope most) have listened to the podcast and heard how appreciative we are of your backing this little campaign that Rachel, the HCF fan fun twitter and I began on a whim that this show deserved to thrive. If not, Rachel wrote a blog about it and included a link to it in the previous blog. Please check it out; it was the most thrilling experience. We hope to do more in the future and to share it with the fans as well. I have to thank 80s Reboot Overdrive for not only being such hardcore fans of Halt, but for including #savehcf in their many podcasts about each episode. I couldn’t believe it when they contacted us to do podcast. It all still feels insanely surreal. I will never forget that conversation. It was the best two hours of nerdery in my life. This includes the time Nathan Fillion replied to my comment on his MySpace blog.
          I continue to be stunned at how we’ve embodied the inter-connectivity the show speaks of on a weekly basis. We are the future Joe envisions and dreams of, the ideas he craves and pains to get out of him. We took this one idea and became a vast community of different fans that had one common goal; SAVE HALT AND CATCH FIRE. Guess what? It happened. This is our victory. This is the cast’s victory, the crew’s victory. This is most importantly Chris Cantwell’s and Chris Roger’s victory as they have been behind us from day one. This show is their baby and it has blossomed into such a beautiful creation. We can all share in this victory and progress forward together.
          I also want to thank Rachel for being such as awesome partner in crime. We’ve spent countless hours analyzing a show we knew was worth renewing. She is passionate, intelligent and so genuinely kind. I hope one day we can have coffee and spend hours hashing out Halt in person. This also wouldn’t have been possible without the promotion and backing from the HCF fan twitter, thank you thank you thank you.
          We’re a team now. It doesn’t matter who happens to be your favorite character or match up, Halt and Catch Fire is what matters. We have a season three in our grasp. 

If I could I would stand on top of a glorious mountain and shout to sky I would, but alas, I live in Ohio. We have no mountains. We do, however, have large hills. :) 

Thank you again and congratulations on all your hard work,

Bailey


PS: CONGRATULATIONS CHRIS 2.0 We love both!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment